Pages

Posted on: Sunday 27 April 2014

Scotcampus Magazine Interview


 Hello world! 

I was approached a few weeks ago to be featured in an article for Scotcampus, Scotland's National Student Magazine.




 I was interviewed by the fabulous Shauna McGegor. 


Here are some quotes from the interview questions I was asked :  


Did you always want to be an artist?

"...Yes! Since I can remember I’ve known this is what I was born to do."

How do you find studying in Dundee, was DJCAD your first choice?

 "...It allows for a somewhat collaborative space in the sense that if you put a bunch of artists in the same room, they are bound to draw some kind of inspirations from each other through engaging in in-depth conversations about their work. It’s like a little community within the uni." 

What are your highs and lows of uni life so far?

"...I find the atmosphere I am surrounded by at the institute to be very motivational, with great tutors and support to help me keep developing my talents."


Can you tell me more about your most recent artwork?

"...I have just finished a contemporary portraiture project in which I painted myself and the walls that stood behind me psychedelic, playing around with the idea that I literally become the painting as I paint myself." 


It can be said that artists struggle to make a living.  How do you respond to this?

 "...Sometimes I think people are too quick to shoot down the idea of being an artist, for somebody who studies a fine art course I have heard far too many people completely dismiss the idea of just being an artist, not even giving themselves a chance to try to ‘make it’ in the art world. Success is difficult to measure, if it’s just about making a good living I have not picked the most reliable industry. The one certainty I have about my future is that I will be proud to have given myself a chance to push my skills to the max and make the most of what I can do, and ended up with a career choice I love."


Check out the full interview here :

http://www.scotcampus.com/eyes-onartist-alexzandria-moncrieff 



If you would like to see more of my work, don't forget to like my Facebook page, and follow me on my other social medias - find all links at the top.

Alexzandria

No comments:

Post a Comment