Pages

Posted on: Thursday 20 November 2014

Painting My Mannequin


Hello! 

At my desk in the studio
 Update! which will be mainly shown through photos as I think they are reasonably self explanatory. After priming my mannequin I then began to paint it, which is a very long process as I use a small fine paint brush in order to achieve the amount of intricacy I wish for. 


Arm





I finished painting both arms and then moved onto painting the torso of the mannequin 

Finished arm

I started to paint the torso


I took a few photos of the mannequin in front of a wall I had painted to see what effect I would get with the pattern on pattern. 









Front of the torso

Back of the torso
This is the arms and torso assembled and almost finished in my studio space. 

mannequin plus my sketchbook





The back of the torso

The front of the torso

My aim is to use the mannequins as part of a sculpture. I plan on distorting the figures and began doing a series of quick sketches to work out different ideas for the forms to take. I want to deform the shape of the body somehow. 

Here are a couple of the quick sketches. 












A few more images of the mannequin. 










My next step is to finish painting the full mannequin, and then begin experimenting with distorting the figure.


If you would like to see more of my work, don't forget to like my Facebook page, and follow me on my other social medias - find all links at the top.

Alexzandria 

No comments:

Post a Comment