Pages

Posted on: Monday 6 October 2014

Summer Time Commissions


 Hello!! 

Well, I have started my fourth and final year of University ! ( eek ) I am already into my fourth week! Very scary, I have been thinking hard and sketching over the summer in order to work out plans and find an idea for my degree show. The past three weeks I have settled on a solid idea and began experimenting with materials to see what will work best. Expect a blog post on that soon! 

Along side freaking out over the fact I was about to move into my final year of Uni, during my summer break, I also worked on a few commissions. Having primarily worked with installation and sculpture throughout my time studying fine art, it was quite refreshing to sit down and paint on canvas. 

I have to say it felt good being able to pay rent through selling my work rather than having to work a grueling minimum wage job! 

Here are some photos of the various paintings and commissions I have done over the summer!

Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed painting them! :) 




On easel

Details

Close up of trees





Details





Details

Fire Dancing 


Wrapped up and ready to go
 I found the whole experience very rewarding, remembering why I used to paint constantly just a few short years ago! All in all I have had a really relaxing and enjoyable summer, it was effectively the calm before the storm that is my degree show year. I am a mess of excitement and utter fear! haha (mainly excitement!) 

I will be documenting the whole year so keep an eye out for more posts! 


If you would like to see more of my work, don't forget to like my Facebook page, and follow me on my other social medias - find all links at the top. 

Alexzandria


1 comment: